Loughbrickland Mission Hall is not a building but a people. We are ordinary people from a wide variety of backgrounds, who live in or near Loughbrickland, Co. Down. What unites us is our faith in Jesus Christ, our desire to know God more, and our burden to make him known to others.
“The Hall” is situated at 40 Main Street, Loughbrickland – formally Rathfriland Street, more or less opposite the Reformed Presbyterian Church.
The “Old Hall” was built and opened in 1889 by local men who felt there was a need, in the wake of the 1859 revival, for a Gospel witness such as this in the village. In 1997 it was decided to erect the present hall rather than carry out extensive renovations to the old one. The new hall has been built on the same site but situated farther back to facilitate car parking thus easing congestion on the street. “The Hall” is run by a committee of men and women comprising of members from different denominations.
In 1889, a resolution was passed that all the services would be run on evangelical, interdenominational lines and this is still the case to the present day. The work of preaching the Gospel has been maintained and the message is still the same as it was those 124 years ago!